header img

CalHyPAC is the California Dental Hygienists’ Association’s Political Action Committee, a separate entity from the CDHA. This Committee was created in 1982 and is a voluntary, non-profit, political advocacy committee. CalHyPAC is an essential part of CDHA’s government affairs program.

“Visit HERE to hear how CalHyPac works for you, the CDHA Member!”

Why does CDHA need a PAC?

CalHyPAC is the only political action committee that represents California dental hygienists. The PAC establishes relationships with California legislators who believe that dental hygienists are an important and essential part of the health care system. We support candidates for the California legislature who believe in our interests, concerns, and goals.

When CDHA introduces legislation, we need a supportive legislator who will sponsor the bill for us. For example, Senator Don Perata sponsored our bill for the establishment of the registered dental hygienist in alternative practice (RDHAP).

We encourage and welcome your input and recommendations for those candidates who will receive support from CalHyPAC. The PAC consists of six to ten CDHA members nominated by the CDHA president and confirmed by the CDHA Board of Trustees for a three year term. The committee meets once a year at the office of our legislative advocacy firm, Aaron Read and Associates. The PAC is sustained by contributions and income from fundraisers.

Who can contribute to the PAC?

Any individual may contribute to the PAC, whether they are CDHA members or not.

Is there a recommended amount?

All donations, large or small, subject to legal limits ($6,500 per year), are welcome. Your contributions are not deductible for state or federal income tax purposes.

Where should contributions be sent?

If you would like to contribute to CalHyPAC, please
CLICK HERE TO DONATE Please mail checks to:
Debbie Phillips, RDH
Treasurer, CalHyPAC
182 Cameo Dr.
Danville, CA 94526

Contact Us

Please include the following in your message:

1) Physical Address

2) Employer or if self employed the name of your business

3) Occupation

Payment Options

Please make checks payable to: CalHyPAC
c/o:Debbie Phillips, RDH
182 Cameo Dr.
Danville, CA 94526